ARCIL RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As ARCIL continues to monitor the information from Federal and State officials about the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are working to maintain a safe work environment and protect the health and well-being of our consumers, staff, and community.
As such our staff members are moving to temporarily work remotely and will keep our operations running smoothly to provide services to our community during this time. Please be aware that effective today:
ARCIL has canceled all walk-ins and group events scheduled in March.
ARCIL offices are closed from Monday, March 23rd – Monday, August 17, 2020.
On Monday, June 1st, 2020 (Subject to Change), only ARCIL administrative staff as designated by the Executive Director will be allowed to enter ARCIL facilities to begin its administrative reentry plan. ARCIL Administration and those designated by the Executive Director will be working in the facilities to prepare them for reopening. During this reentry preparation time, no additional staff or consumers will be allowed in the facilities.
A gradual reentry will begin on a staggered basis so only half of the staff are in the office at a time. The Executive Director will create a schedule, to be announced, that will let staff know when, and on what days they are to report to work at the office. Until then all staff will continue to work from home.
Check back for an actual opening date when the facilities will be open to consumers with scheduled appointments/classes. You can continue to contact ARCIL by phone or email, during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday from 7:15 AM to 4:45 PM and Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- ARCIL Austin Offices: 512-832-6349 / Email for Valerie Williams, Deputy Director: email@example.com
- ARCIL San Marcos Office: 512-396-5790 / Email for Alvin Sinclair, Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARCIL Round Rock Office: 512-828-4624 or 210-890-2099 / Email for Teri Saltzman, Program Manager: email@example.com
- ARCIL DFW Office: 940-274-3411 / Email for Patricia Bourland, IL Services Support Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WIPA Program, Chuck Haren: 512-704-3588 / Email for Chuck Haren, WIPA Project Coordinator: email@example.com
- Independent Living Services Program, Juan Zea: 512-865-1385 / Email for Juan Zea, Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HBC Program, Don Martinez: 210-890-2082 / Email for Don Martinez, Relocation Coordinator: email@example.com
We will continue to monitor guidance from Federal and State officials over the next few weeks and post updates to our website. Check ARCIL's website regularly, www.arcil.com, for real-time updates about our programs and events.
Check the following links for more up-to-date information on the Corona Virus (COVID-19):
Federal Government: http://www.usa.gov/coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
State of Texas Information: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
City of Austin information: http://www.austintexas.gov/COVID19
Although our office is closed, we remain hard at work in partnership with you – to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
ARCIL, Inc. of Austin, Texas provides independent living services to persons with disabilities, their families, and communities throughout Travis and surrounding counties. ARCIL also provides services throughout Hays, Caldwell, Comal and Blanco counties at ARCIL San Marcos (San Marcos, Texas), and Williamson, Bell, Burnet, and Milam counties at ARCIL Round Rock (Round Rock, Texas).
ARCIL is a private non-profit corporation dedicated to the advancement and full participation of persons with disabilities in all aspects of life.
Browse ARCIL's website to find more information about activities, services, mission, locations and other local, state and national resources available for persons with disabilities, family members, professionals or anybody interested in the independent living movement.